Supporting the Whole Body
Real Food & Recipes
“Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food.” -Hippocrates
Many common foods possess therapeutic effects. “Kitchen medicine” incorporates the use of everyday foods based on their therapeutic and healing effect on the body. These superfoods have positive and potent health effects when eaten regularly and can be incorporated easily into daily recipes.
- Beets – gall bladder function, constipation
- Seeds (flax, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin) – fertility
- Shitake mushrooms – lungs, immunity
- Apple cider vinegar – digestive tonic, immune enhancer
- Sardines – calcium, protein, omega 3s, vitamin D
- Sea salt and seaweeds – glandular health (eg. pituitary, thyroid, adrenal, etc.)
Whole Food Supplements
Just as our food should be eaten in its whole form and processed foods should be avoided as much as possible, our supplements too should not be processed, made of chemicals or refined.
The supplements that I prescribe are made of real foods like beet and carrot root, alfalfa, buckwheat, pea vine, nutritional yeast, wheat germ, kelp, and organ meats to name a few. Because these supplements are made from real foods, our bodies can easily digest and absorb them, and they do not deplete the body of other nutrients.
Purification & Resetting Metabolism
Click here to add your own text